Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Marketplace of Ideas--day 6

Instead of making a tri-fold poster, I decided to make a PowerPoint. Yesterday when I was researching, I came a cross a short trailer that captures the essence of the documentary film, Bullied. It is a very powerful and moving message and I feel that it can stimulate a good conversation of the topic. I plan to show this video in addition to bullying statistics, effects of bullying, and anti-bullying efforts through a power point. At the marketplace of ideas, there will also be the petition that Michelle and I made. The petition says "I will pledge to... Be aware of my action and how they will affect other people. Understand that bullying is a serious and relvant issue and the only way to stop it is by being informed and educated about the issue. Prevent bullying by treating others thet way I want to be treated and by standing up for people who are being bullied by others.  Today in class, I started to get signatures and worked on my PowerPoint. I also hung up some of the fliers for the publicity campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment