Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Marketplace of Ideas- day 1

Today in class, I decided that I want to look at bullying. I started to put together an outline of the different aspects I would like to examine. At this point, I would like to narrow my research into three different areas. One is bullying as a whole including facts versus myths, statistics, and what it is. Another area I plan to look at is the effects of bullying, more specifically case studies, such as Seung-Hui Cho and excerpts from  Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult in addition to the emotional aspect. The last area I intend on looking at  is anti-bullying efforts. This would be specifically for the markeplace of ideas and the "action item".  Today, I looked at  different information regarding the documentary film, Bullied. In addition to general information about bullying, it provided advice for educators in order to prevent bullying. The last website I came across is one that came into existance after the result of Jared, who committed suicide as a result of being bullying. The website includes his story and others and also posts a video from E that investigates bullying. I plan to view this video tomorrow in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment